12.15.2012

why? : by jean

i missed my post on Thursday due to my bag being stolen right in front of miles' daycare center. it was my fault for leaving my bag on the stroller while i ran in to get miles. it was my normal routine which i will never repeat again. i thought my neighborhood was "safe," but i guess one can never be safe enough. and yes, it's my fault for leaving it out, but i never thought it would get stolen within 10 mins. what bothers me more is that it seems like it was some kids in the neighborhood who took my bag since they tried to spend $150 at dominos pizza. Ugh.

and then the shooting in CT happened on Friday. i was feeding miles this morning and watched the continuous coverage on the shooting. i know my stolen bag is obviously nothing compared to what happened in CT, but why is there so much evil around us? are we ever safe? how can we ever send our kids to daycare, school, camp, without ever worrying?

it gives me chills just reading and watching the clips on the incident. i can't imagine what these families must be going through. how do you ever recover from something like that? how do you explain to your kids what happened, and the biggest question of all, why?

and why are these kids being interviewed about what happened? clearly something awful happened. they are young and innocent and should not be asked to relive that moment in tv.

my co-worker and i were overwhelmed with emotion as we watched President Obama give his speech on Friday. i definitely hugged Miles a little tighter last night when i put him to bed.

our hearts go out to all the families in Newtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment