12.27.2012

first christmas : by jean

this was our first christmas with miles, and it had me thinking back on what christmas was like for me when i was a kid.

i remember i believed in santa claus up until the 2nd grade.  we had a fake tree in our living room/my bedroom with wrapped gifts underneath.  i distinctively remember the year when i found out santa wasn't real.  there was a gift that was wrapped with the SAME wrapping paper my mom had in her room,  and of course i asked, "umma, how does santa have the same wrapping paper as you?"  i must have taken her by surprise because she decided right there and then to crush my dreams and tell me there was no santa claus.  boo.

how did you grow up knowing or not knowing about santa?  do you know when and how you'll reveal the truth to your kids?

a scene from my all time favorite xmas movie: Elf




hope you all had a great christmas!

1 comment:

  1. My two eldest were between 11 and 12 when they figured it out. So my youngest just turned 11, still believes, but I bet this was the last year. Make it go as long as you can! Second grade is too young to tell about Santa!

    ReplyDelete