10.04.2012

my "friend" is back... by jean

last month, i got my "friend."  after almost a year and a half of not dealing with my "friend," i was annoyed to see her again!  i had just weaned myself from pumping, so i was hoping i would have at least a couple months of freedom, but no, no, no.  my body knew i was done pumping, so then my "friend" arrived.  ugh.

i've always been very regular, so i naturally assumed that since my "friend" was back, i would be back to my regular cycle.  well, that doesn't seem to be the case.  i am 5 days late.  and no, i am not pregnant.  i repeat, i am NOT pregnant.

i KNEW i couldn't be pregnant, but i still panicked.  i mentioned that we were having sex again but honestly, there really was no way i could be pregnant...so every morning when i went on the scale and saw an increase of 1 pound, i thought, omg i'm pregnant.  then all of a sudden i started to have this metallic, bitter taste in the back of my throat.  i've heard some people get that when they're pregnant!  again, i panicked, omg, am i pregnant??  i can't be! 

turns out, the metallic, bitter taste is acid reflux.  i got it all of a sudden, and it messed with my head.  increase of 1 pound each day probably had to do with the fact that i indulged in pizza and wings over the weekend. :p  hehe, whoops.

i still haven't gotten my "friend," but amy assured me and said that it could take some time for the "friend" to come back regularly. 

whew!

did it take you some time before your "friend" came regularly?  i'm not the only one panicking each day waiting for my friend, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment