10.22.2012

I'm going back to Cali (for the first time) : by amy

Going to have to keep this one short because I'm 1) watching Obama and Mittens duke it out again and 2) need to finish packing for our trip to California.  Hard to believe that this will be my first trip to Cali, right?  We are going to San Diego and Irvine to see our beloved friend, Neah, get married.  Hopefully Logan will stay awake for some of the wedding.  Given the time change, we are expecting to have some early evenings in the hotel-- perfect opportunity to catch up on movies I've wanted to watch over the past year or watch a Korean drama.  But I won't waste my days in Cali in front of the tube.  We'll probably check out the zoo, Balboa Park, the New Children's Museum, a beach, numerous taco joints and In n' Out.

But before I can even really plan that,  I'm a bit terrified for the 6 hour plane ride.  Logan, while typically a pretty good kid, is an active toddler.  I can only arm myself and pray.  We bought Logan his own seat on the plane, some new toys and books, packed a bunch of squeezy packs and snacks, and...I bought an iPad.  It's my last resort.  It pains me to put him in front of the iPad for more than 20 minutes, but I will do what is necessary to get us (and everyone else on our plane) to San Diego in a sane state of mind.  I was going to get an iPad eventually anyway, so this just seemed like an opportune time to execute.  In fact, I am writing this post on my new iPad!

Wow, Obama just reminded Mittens that we don't use horses in our military.

Gotta end it here.  Back to packing!  
Blogged from my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment