5.03.2013

No, Thank You : by jean

A couple years back, before I was pregnant, I used to make fun of my friend who would say "no, thank you" to her daughter instead of just saying "no."  It totally made sense, but at the time as someone with no kids, it was funny hearing her say "no, thank you, please get down," "no, thank you, can umma have this?" etc.

Now that Miles has opinions, guess what I started to say?  "No, thank you Miles.  Please don't throw your food.  No, thank you Miles.  Please don't put your hands in the toilet.  No, thank you Miles.  You are too close to the TV."  My friend heard me say it and laughed at me.

It's really hard to stay patient as your toddler is throwing food all over the place and say "no, thank you" instead of just plain "NO!"  Once I was so fed up that I looked at him, gave him a stern look, pointed at him and said "NO, MILES,"  and he looked at me and copied me.  I couldn't help but crack up. Oye!  He's definitely constantly stretching my patience.  

He recently started going through tantrums too.  Lying down on the floor, rolling around, crying about who knows what.  At that point, I either try to hug him to calm him down, say "no, thank you Miles", or ignore him.

How do you guys deal when your babies get like that? 


I said "No, thank you Miles.  Please don't put food in your hair" but he didn't agree.

Amy talked about giving Logan his first time out session last week.  Is it too early for Miles to have time-out?

I've also heard of people putting their kids in the crib to settle down when they are acting up.  Has anyone tried that?


No comments:

Post a Comment