3.20.2013

pampers vs huggies: nikon vs canon? : by jean

When it comes to cameras, there's usually a strong divide between Nikon and Canon users.  Both are great cameras but in the end, it comes down to preference.

There seems to be a big divide with diapers as well. The two main brands are Pampers and Huggies.  Many of our friends who had kids before us (and had boys) insisted that Pampers were the way to go especially for boys, because it prevents leaks.  (right?)  I, being lazy, took their advice and haven't tried anything else besides Pampers Swaddlers since Miles was born.  It was soft and had a wetness indicator which was nice.  Did we ever have leakage?  Of course!  You can't avoid those explosive poops no matter what kind of diaper you have, but for the most part, he was leak-free.

Miles was now going into a new territory, size 4.  Swaddlers is only available through size 4.  Now that he's been crawling around everywhere, we decided to check out Pampers Cruisers.  I noticed right away it wasn't as "quilted, blanket-like" soft as the Swaddlers, but it did the job, until I checked his diaper in the morning.  Many mornings, Miles's pjs would be wet around the waistline, something that never happened with Swaddlers.  So, I started to do my research for night-time diapers.  And by research, I mean asking Amy.  Logan had switched over to Huggies once he was around size 5, mainly because that's what they had at Costcos.  (BJ's carries most diaper brands including both Pampers and Huggies, Costco only carries Huggies and their Kirkland brand.)

Amy had tried both the Huggies Little Movers as well as Huggies Snug & Dry and found both to work well for her.  She also uses Huggies Overnites.  The reason why I hadn't naturally gotten the Pampers Extra Protection overnights is because there were such mixed reviews on amazon.  Some loved it, some said the diaper would fall apart and the dry max beads would spill out causing burns on the babies skin.  SCARY! Huggies Overnites also had some mixed reviews on amazon as well but mainly about people not liking the new design (it's just diapers, who cares?!) and some leaks.  I don't think you can avoid leaks completely but gel beads?  Yikes.

Huggies Overnites have now been ordered, and I will try it out this week and report back.  Has anyone tried Luv's?  My cousin-in-law told me she was just as happy with them as she was with Pampers but it's much much cheaper.  AND I just figured out, its by the same company Proctor & Gamble, who own like EVERYTHING.

I wish there was a way to sample all of these diapers.  I would hate to buy a big box and then it not work out.  At least with cameras you can try it out and play with it.  Not like we can do that with diapers!


No comments:

Post a Comment